Whether it's paint, glue, canned food or clothing, it's important you know what should be kept off your shed's shelves to avoid them getting damaged.
"There are two factors you should consider before storing something in your garden shed – temperature and moisture. Extreme temperature can damage a variety of items, and mould and mildew can render a lot of products useless quite quickly," explains a spokesperson for BillyOh.com.
"It’s also worth noting that there are some products that can be stored if you choose to add shed insulation, humidity control, and apparatus to regulate temperature. But if your own shed is little more than a wooden box at the end of the garden, it’s best to leave out these seven items."
The shed specialists from outdoor building retailer BillyOh.com have listed the items best not to keep in your shed.
1. Canned foodTry to avoid storing tins and cans in your shed. Any food container containing metal can be subject to rust, often causing holes and the food to spoil and spill out.
2. Paints and glueWhen subject to extreme temperatures, paints and glue can often break down. If they freeze due to cold weather, they will become lumpy and be unable to be used.
Store your family photographs inside in a dry, safe place. If they are kept in your shed, humidity and high temperatures could cause them to stick together or even grow mould.
4. Clothing and beddingIf kept in your shed, insects and moths may ruin them. The fabric could also end up smelling musty, so it's best to store your clothing and bedding items inside in a wardrobe or drawer.
5. WineIt might seem like a clever idea to cool your wine in the shed, but it's also another one to stay clear of. When it's kept at inconsistent temperatures, wine can have a metallic taste. Always store it somewhere dark and cool indoors.
6. Electronics Rust can completely ruin the internal wiring of electronics, which is common when they are kept in garden sheds. Large plasma televisions for example, require temperature control, as the screens can be badly destroyed if the temperature constantly changes.
High Speed Plastic Injection Molding Machine
7. Musical instruments Instruments can be affected by both heat and humidity, so store these inside. As many are crafted from wood, and others from brass, they can often corrode when exposed to humidity.
Plastic Injection Molding, Plastic Injection Mold Machinery - JUST,https://www.justplasmac.com/